RSS

My Book Baby

18 Aug

My book baby is heading out into the world and I’m terrified.

I’ve spent much of my creative energy for the past several years getting Gap Year Girl ready for her debut: writing, rewriting, polishing and then getting the word out. The build up to book delivery has been an impassioned climb with the publication date at the crest. My publisher just let me know that my book has come off the press and copies, fresh with their new book smell, are on their way to stores, warehouses, Amazon and my front door. The official September 1 pub date is still two weeks away but my nerves are already attacking. So many hours, so many months, so many years of writing and emotion in the making, my story is finally on her way. Next up are speaking events and book-signings and the great post-publication unknown. I’m feeling the fear and doing it anyway.

6 Comments

Posted by on August 18, 2015 in Uncategorized

Tags: , ,

6 responses to “My Book Baby

1. Kevin Ryan

August 18, 2015 at 1:00 pm

You’ll be just fine Marianne. Have a ball.

2. Leslie Johansen Nack

August 18, 2015 at 1:08 pm

I know how you feel! But it’ll be great and once you’re over the hump you can hit the road on your tour and life will be great. I can’t wait for my copy to arrive so I can start reading it. Best of luck!

Liked by 1 person

• mcbohr

August 18, 2015 at 1:12 pm

Thank you Leslie!

3. Susan Buse

August 18, 2015 at 3:18 pm

Hi Marianne,  I got my notice from Amazon that your book is coming to my doorstep soon.  We are all so happy for you and know it will be a huge success, especially to the people that matter!   Are you and Joe around during the end of August and the month of September?  We’d love to catch up with you and the O’Sullivans soon, and hopefully we’ll see you all at Sarah’s wedding too.  Looking forward to some inspiring reading when Gap Year Girl arrives.  It is all surely a wild, exciting ride for you (and Joe). Just enjoy it all-you deserve it!  Congrats again, hi to Joe from us.  Sue Buse P.S. I’m in Vail right now with Kristie and Fritz and remember the fun visit with you guys at Christmas!

4. Jima!

August 19, 2015 at 6:23 am

Enjoy the ride, best of luck Marianne! See you on the book tour!

5. Lene Fogelberg

August 21, 2015 at 4:11 am

Yay! Congratulations! Ten days to go! I look forward to reading your book!!