RSS

Touring

15 Jun

In my wildest imaginings, I never pictured myself embarking on a “book tour,” but here I am going back and forth with Kaye McKinzie, my dedicated publicist (I have a publicist?) about potential cities, venues and dates for talks and signings this fall. My inner “shy girl” is screaming no way, but the realist in me – the one who knows that if no one hears about my book, no one will buy it — pushes, just do it, no matter how daunting the prospect. So far, we’re shooting for bookstores in Washington DC, suburban Maryland and Northern Virginia, as well a few on Long Island, home of my high school (the beloved, but no longer there, Holy Family). Since my children live in California’s Los Angeles and Bay Area, we’re reaching out to stores on the west coast as well. Going on an author tour can be exhausting, as I know from my decades in book marketing, especially if you’re working full-time, but (I think) I’m up for the challenge. What I look forward to most is meeting readers with wanderlust like mine and encouraging Gap Year hopefuls to take the plunge. As the tour schedule comes together in the months ahead, I’ll post all the details here. Hope to see/meet you while I’m on the road!

9 Comments

Posted by on June 15, 2015 in Uncategorized

Tags: , , , ,

9 responses to “Touring

1. Carole Bumpus

June 15, 2015 at 2:45 pm

Looking forward to seeing/meeting you in the San Francisco area! Maybe a joint book reading, as Kaye is my publicist as well.

• mcbohr

June 15, 2015 at 2:57 pm

Would love that, Carole! Are you attending the travel writer’s workshop at Book Passage in Aug by chance?

2. Donna Slaten

June 15, 2015 at 3:54 pm

How exciting Marianne!!!!!! Better start another book!!!!

3. Catherine Boyd

June 15, 2015 at 4:48 pm

How exciting, enjoy this next step on the journey!!

4. Cecilia

June 15, 2015 at 6:39 pm

Can you plan the Falls Church venue for January when I’m home?

5. mcbohr

June 15, 2015 at 7:55 pm

Cecilia — we’re looking at booking One More Page in January, at yr request. Wouldn’t dare do it without you!

6. Deborah Greene

June 17, 2015 at 10:00 am

Marianne come to the Bookmark in Neptune Beach, FL you can stay with me! I told Rona the owner about your book, she has lots of book signings at her shop they are very popular and there are 3 book clubs that meet there as well. I can hardly wait to read your book!

• mcbohr

June 17, 2015 at 12:17 pm

I love that idea, Debby! The fall is filling up, but maybe in Dec?

7. Denise OSullivan

June 17, 2015 at 8:29 pm

Hi Marianne, Can’t wait to read your book! I’m going to tell my book club about it!

Thinking it would be nice to get dinner with you guys – maybe some week night before we all head home after work.

Denise